15 Field Officers Jobs at Innovations for Poverty Action Ke
Malaria Behavioural Survey Project,
POSITION: Field Officer (15 positions)
REPORTING TO: Senior Field Officer
START DATE: 28th February 2022
LOCATION: Multiple Locations
DURATION: 1 Month
ELIGIBILITY: Position open to local Kenyan hires only
About Innovations for Poverty Action: Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems. In close partnership with decision makers — the policymakers, practitioners, investors, and donors working with the poor around the world — IPA designs and evaluates potential solutions to poverty problems using randomized evaluations, the most rigorous evaluation method available. We also mobilize and support these decision makers to use these solutions to build better programs and policies at scale.
About the Project: This project is led by a consortium of Breakthrough ACTION Kenya researchers in collaboration with Innovation for Poverty Action (IPA). The project aims to improve understanding of the socio-demographic and ideational characteristics associated with malaria-related behavioural outcomes in Kenya’s lake endemic region. The project will involve collection of household-level data for key outcomes of interest in the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) focus counties – Homa Bay, Migori, Siaya, Kisumu, Busia, Bungoma, Kakamega, and Vihiga.
About the Position: The Field Officer under the general supervision of the Senior Field Officer and within the limits of Innovations for Poverty Action-Kenya policies and procedures will primarily be responsible for collection of high- quality data. Below is a list of some of the general duties and responsibilities of the Field Officer to be carried out as needed according to the determination of the Senior Field Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Data collection on Survey CTO: Assist with translations, piloting surveys and actual data collection
• Ensure proper respondent screening for eligibility and administration of informed consent
• Providing feedback during debriefs on field activities and survey instruments that will inform and monitor improvements in project operations
• Ensure data integrity is maintained always and minimize errors in survey administration
• Completion of scheduled activities each day in a timely manner including keeping logs of work accomplished as assigned by SFO and the project management
• Interact with respondents with the highest level of integrity and understanding
• Assist in daily electronic devices maintenance and storage
• Other tasks assigned by the SFO/FM/RA.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• A minimum of Diploma with two years’ experience in field data collection; University Degree in social sciences is an added advantage.
• Experience conducting quantitative data collection
• Experience working in health facilities is an added advantage.
• Well organized, detail-oriented, excellent listening skills, and comfortable discussing sensitive issues
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Experience in research activities at community or health facility level
• Experience in mobile data collection tools
• Excellent verbal communication skills in both English and Kiswahili
• Experience working with CATI is added advantage
How to apply
Please click below to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be reviewed on a ROLLING BASIS.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Field Officer- Malaria Behavioral Survey Project. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA.