CITY EYE RECRUITMENT ADVERTISEMENT
CITY EYE RECRUITMENT ADVERTISEMENT
City eye hospital is a social venture that provides quality and affordable eye care to people living in Kenya and is a member of the ACCESS eye hospital network in Sub-Saharan Africa. We are a dedicated, dynamic, and experienced team of eye care professionals.
We are looking forward to onboard top and unique talent to support our venture of offering unmatched eye care services in line with our core values; God, People and Excellence. We have exciting career opportunities as detailed below;
Our Ref: CEH/HR/REC/011/2022 Terms of Engagement Permanent
Optometrist Place of work:
City Eye Hospital – Can be redeployed to any of the branches and Vision Centers (Main Hospital,
Appointment Clinic, Ngong, or Nyeri)
Reporting to: Optometrist In-Charge No. of Vacancies 1
FORM 1 END TERM EXAMINATIONS FREE DOWNLOAD
FORM 2 END TERM EXAMINATIONS FREE DOWNLOAD
FORM 3 END TERM EXAMINATIONS FREE DOWNLOAD
FORM 4 END TERM EXAMINATIONS FREE DOWNLOAD
PRE-MOCKS EXAMS AND MARKING SCHEMES 2022
Follow our Facebook, Instagram, Linked In, Twitter & Join our Telegram Group and Facebook Group for More Updates on WhatsApp Groups.
Main Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Optometrist In-charge, the incumbent shall be tasked with conducting routine eye
examinations, in a bid to diagnose and detect refractive errors and offer appropriate corrections.
- Conduct accurate refraction, Visual Acuity/ Intra- ocular pressures, IPD measurement for patients using
observation, instruments, and pharmaceuticals agents.
- When patients come with their own glasses, confirm their prescriptions, and recommend corrections if
- Analyse test results and assist in developing a treatment plan for patients.
- Perform markings for progressive and bifocal lenses.
- File and sign pre-authorization insurance forms.
- Handle customer’s questions and concerns regarding refraction.
- Record test outcomes accurately in the patient’s files.
- Clean testing instruments and machines in readiness for use in patients.
- Ensure proper storage of testing instruments.
- Safe handling of equipment/instruments and timely reporting of the breakages.
- Take part in company projects and carry out any other tasks that may be assigned to you by your Line manager and/ or any other person placed in authority over you.
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Diploma in Optometry from a recognized institution (a degree will be an added advantage)
- Minimum two years’ experience as optometrist.
Key Skills and Competencies Required
- Good leadership, Interpersonal communication and Customer Care Skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to uphold and align oneself with the core values of city eye hospital.
Interested and qualified candidates to make their applications through [email protected] with the subject being “Optometrist” – CEH/HR/REC/011/2022’’. These should reach us on or before 10th June 2022. The application must include;
1. An up-to-date CV, not more than 4 pages long, with the current and expected remuneration indicated in the CV.
2. A one-page document in PDF format explaining how their personality aligns to the core values of City Eye Hospital.
We are committed to grant you a great applicant’s experience, and we do not discriminate against gender, religion, marital status or any other diversities. All applications shall be accorded due consideration but due to the high volume of the same that we receive, we shall only be able to contact the shortlisted candidates. Applicants who fail to adhere to the application criteria indicated and do not meet the qualifications highlighted shall automatically be disqualified