The National Cohesion and Integration Commission was established to facilitate and promote equality of opportunity, good relations, harmony and peaceful co-existence between persons of different ethnic and racial communities of Kenya and to advise the Government on all aspects thereof.
The Commission intends to recruit highly professional self-driven individuals to fill the following vacant positions:
Job Title: Cohesion monitor
The Cohesion monitor will be expected to gather information in relation to offences under the NCI Act and forward the same to the Commission to enable the Commission establish measures to encourage cohesion and prevention of violence in the period before, during and beyond the elections. The Cohesion monitor will be in charge of one county.
Reporting to : – Deputy Director Peace Building and Reconciliation
Requirements for appointment
· Diploma, Higher Diploma or Degree in peace building, community development, or any other related discipline in the field of community education, mobilization and advocacy .
- A Minimum of one (1) year experience in peace building or community work.
- Good understanding of the local languages in addition to English and Kiswahili.
- Resident in the County of interest.
- A good understanding of the political and social dynamics of the respective county
- Capacity to engage local leaders, security officials, elders, youth in issues relating to peace and security
- Past/current leadership role and involvement in community initiatives will be an added advantage
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Duties and responsibilities
- Attend public and social forums in a bid to gather information in relation to offences under NCI Act and political incitement
- Furnish the Commission with a summary of the weekly forums on peace and security in the constituent.
- Conduct surveillance on early warning signs of conflict and subsequently share the reports with the Commission.
- Compile information on activities that promote the elimination of all forms of discrimination on the basis of ethnicity, race, religious, cultural, linguistic and other forms of diversity in a plural society in the Constituent
- Organize and mobilize participants for peace meetings, dialogue workshops and training
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned
- Submit a final report in relation to peace and cohesion in the constituent at the end of the contract period.
- Preparation of memos for activities and constituent assignments;
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes;
- Analytical skills
- Organizational skills
- Computer skills
- High Integrity
- Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Creative and innovative
- Strong team player
The gross salary for the position will be Sh. 55,000
Terms of service
The above position is a temporary position for a period of Five (5) months. NHIF medical cover will be provided.