Thursday, May 23, 2024

LANJET PRE-MOCKS TERM 1 2024 QUESTIONS & ANSWERS.

LANJET PRE-MOCKS TERM 1 2024 QUESTIONS &...

EXTENDED HOLIDAY ASSIGNMENTS TERM 1 2024 FORM 3 Q&A.

EXTENDED HOLIDAY ASSIGNMENTS TERM 1 2024 FORM...

EXTENDED HOLIDAY ASSIGMENTS FORM 2 TERM 1 2024.

EXTENDED HOLIDAY ASSIGMENTS FORM 2 TERM 1...

Become a member

Get the best offers and updates relating to Liberty Case News.

― Advertisement ―

spot_img

LANJET PRE-MOCKS TERM 1 2024 QUESTIONS & ANSWERS.

LANJET PRE-MOCKS TERM 1 2024 QUESTIONS & ANSWERS. GET THE MARKING SCHEMES AND MORE RESOURCES ON WHATSAPP. We bring you the necessary materials that you can...
HomeNewsHow the Grade 12 evaluation will differ from the Grade 9 assessment.

How the Grade 12 evaluation will differ from the Grade 9 assessment.

How the Grade 12 evaluation will differ from the Grade 9 assessment.

According to Belio Kipsang, principal secretary for basic education, learners would be placed into postsecondary institutions using the results of the Grade 12 Assessment, but the Grade 9 Assessment will only be used for transitions.

According to Belio, the Grade 9 assessment will assist students in selecting a professional route for when they enter Senior School in Grade 10.

“At Grade 12, there will be a placement and certification assessment. However, Grade 9 is just a transitional year. You all understand that we are in a complete state of transformation as you advance from one level to the next,” he remarked.

Beginning in Grade 10, learners will have three options for professional pathways when they move to Senior School.

The three job paths are STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics), humanities (social sciences), and performing arts (music, dance, and athletics).

Belio gave a speech on Wednesday at the Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development’s stakeholder engagement on senior school and teacher education in Nairobi.

He stated that formative and summative assessments will be given to students in Grade 9.

“A formative and summative assessment will be conducted. The KPSEA for Grade 9 will function in a similar formative and summative capacity as it did for Grade 6, he explained.

Sixty percent of a learner’s ultimate score will come from the Grade 9 summative assessment, reflecting the recommendations made by the Presidential Working Party on Education reforms.

The final 20 percent of their final grade will come from formative assessments given at the conclusion of Grades 7 and 8, which account for the remaining 40 percent.

According to Belio, the sole purpose of the Grade 9 evaluation is to ensure that students are not hindered from making the move to Senior School.

“It is just preparing our kids for the next level,” the superintendent stated.

According to Belio, the assessment for certification and placement will take place in Grade 12.

“After Grade 12 you will get a certificate which will prepare you either to progress to the next level or make you move to start a certain aspect of life like going into the police force,” Belio stated.

The final grade at grade 12 should account for 70% of the final score, according to the Presidential Working Party’s recommendation. While school assessments account for the remaining 30%.

Under CBC, only the Grade 12 assessment will be utilized to transfer a student to a different university.

Belio also dismissed the idea of having Grade 9 housed in Senior School.

Through the PWERE, 93% of Kenyans made the decision to domicile junior schools in primary schools and to live in accordance with Kenyan expectations. 93% of Kenyans have already made their decision, and there is no opportunity to modify it,” he stated.

How the Grade 12 evaluation will differ from the Grade 9 assessment.

DOWNLOAD K.C.S.E MOCKS QUESTIONS & ANSWERS

K.C.S.E PAST PAPERS 1998-2023 QUESTIONS & ANSWERS

JOIN US ON TELEGRAM TEACHERS FORUM