Human Resources Assistant at US Embassy
Human Resources Assistant at US Embassy
About US Embassy
Announcement Number: Abuja-2022-100
Series/Grade: LE – 0305 8
Hiring Agency: Embassy Abuja
Promotion Potential: LE-8
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Telework Eligible: No
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is 07. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- Current Employees of the Mission – This includes U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs); Eligible Family Members (EFMs); Declared Members of Household (MOHs), dependents of U.S. Personal Services Contract (USPSC) who are assigned under COM – All Agencies
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details:
- Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: Not Required
- The incumbent handles the full spectrum of local employee recruitment specializing in complex issues and more senior positions.
- Incumbent provides Human Resources services to employees of serviced sections and agencies.
- Acts as Post Classification Advisor (PCA) and liaison between AFRCC and post. Carries out training and presentation to audience comprising of both local hires and American supervisors.
- Incumbent is also in charge of various Human Resources programs and executes personnel actions.
- Maintains subject files for program areas and prepares periodic reports.
- Advise staff of serviced organizations on HR policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- A University Degree in Human Resources, Business, Behavioral Sciences, Psychology or Public Administration is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience of Human Resources customer service work in a medium size organization is required.
- Thorough knowledge of 3 FAM, 14 FAM, Employee’s Handbook, Department’s Personnel, Post Management Instructions and Staff Notices related to FSN administration.
- RHRO Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), FSN Position Classification and Job Evaluation, Overseas Personnel System, Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA) policy, Recruitment Policy is required.
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Fluency in reading/writing/speaking of English is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Incumbent must be able to use web-based software. Incumbent must be tactful but effective in dealing with HR customers.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, be able to deal effectively with all levels of Embassy employees and have good writing skills.
- Must have the ability to carry out work on own initiative, referring only unusual situations to the supervisor, must be able to prioritize tasks, have good computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Must have standard numerical skills to provide number reports on seasonal hires, provide salary estimates, or compute LE Staff separation entitlements and run other reports for American Officers and their EFMs at post.
- Research skills to gather information on various topics and/or inquiries is required.
- Ability to resolve complex problems is required.
- Incumbent must be able to use office equipment.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Hiring Preference Selection Process:
- Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below.
- Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application.
- Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification.
- A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant.
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service.
- Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
Salary & Other Benefits
- USD43,507 (NGN 8,664,538) Annually.
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
Application Closing Date: 29th August 2022.
Method of Application