Jobs at Equity Bank Kenya
Jobs at Equity Bank Kenya
About Equity Bank Kenya
Equity Bank Limited (The “Bank”) is incorporated, registered under the Kenyan Companies Act Cap 486 and domiciled in Kenya. The address of the Bank’s registered office is 9th Floor, Equity Centre, P.O. Box 75104 – 00200 Nairobi. The Bank is licensed under the Kenya Banking Act (Chapter 488), and continues to offer retail banking, microfinance and related services. The Bank has subsidiaries in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan, Rwanda and Tanzania. Its shares are listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange.
Equity Bank was founded as Equity Building Society (EBS) in October 1984 and was originally a provider of mortgage financing for the majority of customers who fell into the low income population. The society’s logo, a modest house with a brown roof, resonates with its target market and their determination to make small but steady gains toward a better life, seeking security and advancement of their dreams. The vast majority of Africans have historically been excluded from access to financial resources. Having been declared technically insolvent in 1993, Equity’s transformation into a rapidly growing microfinance and then a commercial bank is widely considered to be an inspirational success story.
Currently, Equity Bank has more than 9 million customers making it the largest bank in terms of customer base in Africa and having nearly half of bank accounts in Kenya. The company’s vision is “to be the champion of the socio-economic prosperity of the people of Africa”. Equity Bank retains a passionate commitment to empowering its clients to transform their lives and livelihoods.
Through a business model that is anchored in access, convenience and flexibility, the Bank has evolved to become an all-inclusive financial services provider with a growing pan-African footprint. Equity Bank’s business model and its visionary leadership has continued to earn local, regional and global accolades and recognition. The model is also studied in some of the leading business schools in the world, as other developing countries in Africa and Asia seek to learn from Equity’s low margin, high-volume model. Equity Bank in 2010 established the Equity Group Foundation.
This innovation and creative vehicle has fully transformed the concept of philanthropy and corporate social responsibility. While Equity Group Foundation champions the socio-economic transformation of the people of Africa and seeks partnerships along six cluster thematic areas, Equity Bank provides the infrastructure of delivery, hence reducing the operational costs for the Foundation and increasing the rate of return on any social investment.
The six social thematic areas of focus are: education and leadership development; financial literacy and access; entrepreneurship; agriculture; health; innovations and environment. Make an enquiry today
Relationship Officer-Biashara Banking at Equity Bank Kenya
THE ROLE: RELATIONSHIP OFFICER- BIASHARA BANKING (ONE YEAR CONTRACT RENEWABLE)
Reporting to the Credit Manager, ideal candidate will will manage and coordinate all the Lending activities / operations under him/her to ensure Sector goals (Growth and Quality) and objectives are achieved. He/she will:
- Drive growth of high quality portfolio in specific branch/business units as per the set Targets.
- Loan assessments/appraisals and Recommendations to the Branch Credit Committee/Head Office Credit Committee
- Maintain Portfolio at Risk (PAR) as per Set Target
- Maintain High standards of customer service
- Ensure implementation/Compliance of Biashara Banking policies and procedures
- Actualize Sector Partnerships objectives and align to the Sector objectives
- Participate in development of Sector Products and reviews based on market needs
- Liaison with various Sector’s internal and external Stakeholders in the branch environment
- Sales & marketing of the Bank products
- Coaching, Mentoring and hand holding the New Relationship officers
- Doing any other duties as may be assigned by the Business Growth & Development Manager or other line manager
- University degree in business related course.
- Experience in micro finance industry is an added advantage.
- Excellent understanding of micro customers. Exhibits an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness. Guides and transfers knowledge to his/ her team members.
- Experienced in project management; Monitoring and evaluation is an added advantage.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft suite.
- Able to operate in a performance driven organization
- Proficient in written and spoken Kiswahili and English
Key Critical Competencies
- Mature personality
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated conflicts resolution skills
- Strong training /coaching skills
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Team player
- Self-Driven, an eye for detail and capacity to meet strict deadlines while working under pressure with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Culture sensitive
- Individual Leadership skills, Excellent Planning and organizing skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Willingness to learn
- Flexibility and an ability to change focus areas when needed
- Self-motivated and a self-starter
Method of Application