Jobs at Nairobi Hospital
Jobs at Nairobi Hospital
About Nairobi Hospital
Senior Laboratory Technologist at Nairobi Hospital
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the development of standards, procedures, techniques for analysis of specimens in the laboratory.
- Analyse laboratory findings to ensure quality control and accuracy of the results and compliance to set turnaround time.
- Conduct chemical analysis of body fluids including blood and urine to determine presence of normal and abnormal components.
- Operate and maintain equipment as per manufacturers protocol used in quantitative and qualitative analysis including spectrophotometers, calorimeters, flame photometers, and computer-controlled analysers.
- Input data from analysis of medical tests and clinical results into the information management system for consumption by other units.
- Analyse samples of biological material for chemical content or reaction.
- Establish and monitor ICA quality programs to ensure accuracy of laboratory results & Compliance with EQA programme.
- Ensure implementation of ISO 15189:2012 standard in departmental operations.
- Set up and maintain high levels of hygiene for the laboratory equipment and work area.
- Provide technical information on test results to the Pathologist, Physician and patients in line with requirements.
- Conduct medical research under direction of the Laboratory Manager.
- Prepare and submit laboratory reports.
- Monitor, control and requisition the section’s consumable stock and keep check on
- Expiries, stock out and wastage.
- Maintain the unit’s targeted Personal Service Index (PSI).
- Identify, deploy and motivate the assigned team in the lab section including performance evaluations, training needs identification and leave and absence management in line with the hospital’s people agenda.
- To be able to conduct departmental internal audits.
- Ensure compliance of ISO 14001 & ISO 9001 practices.
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or Higher Diploma in Laboratory Technology from a recognized institution.
- Must be registered with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and
- Technologists Board and hold a valid practicing licence.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience as a laboratory technologist preferably in a hospital environment with 3 years at supervisory level.
- Internal auditor training and certification for ISO 15189:2012 will be additional advantage.
Method of Application
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number and to reach the undersigned. Your CV/Resume MUST include full names and contact details of 3 referees. We shall ONLY accept ONLINE applications and contact SHORTLISTED candidates. The Nairobi Hospital does not charge any money throughout the recruitment process.
Director Human Resources & Operations
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 – 00100
NAIROBI OR [email protected]