KIPPRA PRINCIPAL PLANNING STRATEGIST
KIPPRA PRINCIPAL PLANNING STRATEGIST
Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis (KIPPRA) is a state corporation
established by an Act of parliament – KIPPRA Act No. 15 of 2006, with a primary mandate of providing quality policy advice to the Government of Kenya, and other key stakeholders by conducting policy research and analysis and through capacity building, in order to contribute to the achievements of national long term development objectives.
Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis invites applications from qualified
candidates for the following positions:
- Job Title Principal Planning and Strategy Officer (One position)
Job Grade KIP 4
Basic Salary Scale KES 147,181 – 207,612 per month
Department Strategy and Planning
Supervisor Deputy Director, Strategy and Planning
Position Summary Undertake activities to ensure compliance with quality control, coordinate the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Institute’s Strategic Plan and annual work plans, develop strategies to achieve the
Institute’s mandate; identify strategic risks facing the Institute and recommend mitigation measures and coordinate the risk management framework; Coordinate
the development and implementation of the Performance Contract and ensure timely reporting; develop and implement the Institute’s M&E framework, tools and
instruments and undertake studies and analysis to support the Departmental and Institute mandate.
- Assisting in performance contract planning and ensuring timely reporting;
- Conducting research on new products and services in order to advise on areas of improvement;
- To analyze and discuss findings based on regular Monitoring data;
- Timely data and performance reporting using benchmarks and trends;
- Reviewing planning and policy structures;
- Producing monitoring data in support of decision making and planning activities by the Institute;
- Monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of KIPPRA Strategic Plan, Annual work plan, performance contract and KIPPRA activities;
- Preparing M & E quarterly and annual progress reports;
- Providing technical guidance to head of departments for implementation of M&E tools within their departments;
- Evaluating of the Institute’s impact on public policy influence through annual
reviews of contributions of KIPPRA activities.
- Evaluation of completed projects;
- Evaluating the Institute’s policies and activities to advice on how best to meet core mandate;
- Developing and implement Monitoring and Evaluation framework;
- Developing and implement the risk management framework; and
- Undertaking institutional research and innovation.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or equivalent qualification from a recognized
- Master’s degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, or related social sciences from a
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized
institution; KIPPRA ISO 9001:2015 Certified
- Qualification in monitoring and evaluation or project management;
- Six (6) years’ relevant work experience;
- Minimum of two (2) publications in institutional research;
- Qualification in Risk management will be an added advantage;
- Computer Skills; and
- Fulfil the requirements for Chapter six (6) of the Constitution.
- Leadership skills;
- Negotiation skills;
- People management skills;
- Communication skills; and
- Problem-solving skills.
Behavioral competencies and attributes:
- Strategic thinking;
- Critical thinking;
- Team player;
- Ability to work under pressure; and
- Motivational competencies.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested, possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly send yourfilled application form; cover letter; curriculum vitae, and certificates quoting the job title and reference as subject matter to the email below, on or before 12 April 2022 by 5:00 pm. Email address: [email protected] Hand-delivered applications should be submitted at Josim Instantaneous Consultium Limited Offices Located at Bazaar Plaza, Moi Avenue, Nairobi Fourth Floor Room No. D2