KIPPRA RECORDS MANAGEMENT OFFICER
KIPPRA RECORDS MANAGEMENT OFFICER
Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis (KIPPRA) is a state corporation
established by an Act of parliament – KIPPRA Act No. 15 of 2006, with a primary mandate of providing quality policy advice to the Government of Kenya, and other key stakeholders by conducting policy research and analysis and through capacity building, in order to contribute to the achievements of national long term development objectives.
Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis invites applications from qualified
candidates for the following thirty-six (36) positions:
- Job Title Records Management Officer (One position)
Job Grade KIP 6
Basic Salary Scale KES 104,080 – 146,814 per month
Department Records Management
Supervisor Senior Records Management Officer
Position Summary The position is responsible in supporting the management
of records function in the Institute.
- Develop, implement and maintain records management systems, procedures and
- Accommodating, storing, security, and preservation of records;
- Acquainting all members of staff with the Institute’s records keeping systems;
- Conducting records survey and appraisal on an ongoing basis;
- Initiating and implement the disposal of records in line with the laid down
- Advising on correct procedures for creating new records;
- Facilitating in mainstreaming records as a core component in the Institute’s
- Articulating the records management issues to all staff;
- Initiating Reviews of the Records Management Policy;
- Participating in the design and implementation of electronic records management
- Evaluating and implement the disposal of records in liaison with the records
- Implementing a disaster management plan for records;
- Handling Institute’s correspondences received and dispatched records;
- Participating in receiving and dispatch of mails; and sorting of documents
- Filing and marking letters for action;
- Updating and maintaining up to date file movement records;
- Receipt and proper dispatch of mails and maintaining related registers;
- Preparing disposal schedules;
- Initiating appraisal and disposal of files and documents;
- Updating and maintenance of up-to-date file movement records;
- Ensuring security of files and documents;
- Ensuring proper handling of documents, pending correspondences and bring-ups;
- Updating file index;
- Ensuring that accurate and up-to-date records are maintained; and
- Ensuring that file movement records are updated and maintained.
- Bachelor’s degree in Records Management, Information Management, Library
Science or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Computer skills in computerized records management; and
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution.
- Computing skills;
- Communication skills; and
- Supervisory skills.
Behavioral competencies and attributes:
- Professional Ethics and Values.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested, possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly send your filled application form; cover letter; curriculum vitae, and certificates quoting the job title and reference as subject matter to the email below, on or before 12 April 2022 by 5:00 pm.MEmail address: firstname.lastname@example.org Hand-delivered applications should be submitted at Josim Instantaneous Consultium Limited Offices Located at Bazaar Plaza, Moi Avenue, Nairobi Fourth Floor Room No. D2