NEW TSC GUIDELINES FOR POSITIONS PUT IN ADVERTISEMENT FOR PRIMARY AND SECONDARY SCHOOLS.
Recruiting TSC PORTAL(New). In primary and secondary schools, the Teachers Service Commission (TSC) has listed openings for permanent and pensionable replacement teachers.
According to the Public Officer Ethics Act and the TSC Code of Conduct and Ethics, the standards provide a transparent and responsible hiring procedure.
The Commission is accepting applications from suitably qualified teachers for the jobs indicated below in accordance with the Teachers Career Progression Guidelines.
TSC recruitment PORTAL(New)
The Regional Director, Nairobi, County Directors, and Sub-County Directors are required to conduct the selection process for the advertised teacher recruitment positions following the advertisement.
Applicants must submit applications online to the Secretary, Teachers Service Commission,
- uploading professional and academic certificates, and
- other relevant documents for declared vacancy(ies) in institutions/Counties.
According to the Public Officer Ethics Act and the TSC Code of Conduct and Ethics (CoCE, 2015),
The Selection Panel is supposed to exercise the highest level of transparency and accountability.
TSC Regional Directors must induct TSC County Directors, who then induct members of the Selection Panels,
On relevant sections of the Act and the Code of Regulations for Teachers before the selection process begins.
TSC Sub-County Directors and TSC County Directors are required to ensure that selection process locations are accessible to applicants with disabilities.
TSC recruitment PORTAL(New)
Applicants with name changes on diplomas or identification cards ;
Must provide an affidavit sworn under the Oaths and Statutory Declarations Act, Cap 15 of Kenya.
The TSC County Director will share the system-generated Applicants’ List with TSC Sub-County Directors,
Who will form a Sub-County Selection Panel(s) to shortlist up to five applicants per advertised vacancy.
Applicants will be invited for document verification and will be notified of the;
- interview location,
- and time
via the TSC Website at least seven days after publication.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED DURING EMPLOYMENT
Upon receiving an interview invitation, applicants are required to provide originals and clear photocopies of the following documents.
- National identification card;
- Certificate of Registration as a teacher;
- Diploma/Degree certificate and official transcripts;
- KCSE certificates or their equivalent (include certificates for attempts if one re-sat exam);
- KCPE certificate or its equivalent (include certificates for attempts if one re-sat exams
- KCPE certificate or it’s equivalent (include certificates for attempts if one re-sat exam);
- Primary and Secondary School leaving certificates and other relevant testimonials;
- National Council of Persons with Disabilities (NCPWD) Card (where applicable);
- An Affidavit is sworn under the Oaths and Statutory Declarations Act, Cap 15 of the Laws of Kenya to explain the variance in names;
- Letter of certification of results by KNEC (where applicable).
- Persons with disabilities shall be required to indicate their disability status together with the nature of disabilities to inform their placement
- The Commission shall ensure that 5% of all the advertised slots are reserved for the recruitment of teachers with disabilities by the provisions of the Constitution and the Law.
- In the event of a tie, consideration for selection will be determined as per the order of priority shown hereunder: length of Stay since graduation, Strength of academic and professional certificates presented.