PEOPLE AND DIVERSITY MANAGER
PEOPLE AND DIVERSITY MANAGER
Amnesty Kenya was founded in 2002 and operates with specific goals and objectives for improving lives and upholding human rights for the citizens of Kenya and the surrounding areas. The organization which is located in Nairobi is looking for an individual having MBA/MSc/MA having five years experience to fill the position of Human Resource/ HR whose main responsibilities will be:
People and leadership development.
- Ensure that Human Resource Information System and staff files are up to date.
- Support day-to-day administration, staff support and act as the point of contact for the medical insurance scheme, pension, leave and other human-resource-related benefits.
- Input and support leadership development strategies and initiatives that strengthen the leadership and career growth of members and supporters.
Inclusive and cohesive workplace culture
- Continuously and actively interpret and emphasize human resource policies and procedures for individual staff, the management team, and Board Committee.
- Develop, implement, and report on annual and quarterly human resource work plans.
- Research, prepare and deliver, alone or with others, presentations and workshops to staff, members and supporters on Amnesty values, leaderful attributes, diversity and inclusion.
- Advise and support the management team to maintain and deepen a positive and productive work environment that leaves staff satisfied and cohesive.
- Advise and support staff and others to raise complaints safely, responsibly, and effectively or disclose any policy violations by exercising disciplinary and grievance procedures for investigation and resolution.
Human resource strategy and policy development
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of anti-discriminatory legislation and monitor employment legislative developments to ensure organizational compliance.
- Continuously review and propose best practices and policies for adoption that deepens diversity, equality, inclusion, staff benefits and leadership development.
- Prepare and present quarterly reports on people, culture, and human resources management.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Commitment to Amnesty values, vision and the Kenyan Constitution.
- A degree in human resources management.
- Must be a registered member of the Institute of Human Resources Management.
- Over five year’s professional experience in a medium-size organization.
- Knowledgeable of human resources best practices, labor, and employment law.
- High levels of personal integrity, empathy and proactiveness.
- Demonstrated ability to develop systems, processes, and a value-driven work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, work under pressure to meet deadlines and take quick and firm decisions independently.
- Demonstrated ability to nurture integrity, inclusion, equality, and service to others.
- Master’s in human resources management, Business Management, or any other Social Science.
- Familiarity with the rights-based approach, social justice, citizen empowerment and gender-sensitive approaches.
- Proficiency in the use of Human Resources Information System.
Interested and qualified? Go to Amnesty International on www.amnestykenya.org to apply