PHYSICS TEACHER (TATU GIRLS)
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Teach and deliver exceptional, real world, enquiry-based Physics lessons that align with the Kenya curriculum requirements.
- Maintain positive, constructive and professional relationships with students, their families and colleagues.
- Physics teacher ( tatu girls) to Develop lessons plans and partner with the Learning Design Team in reviewing and updating lessons when required/ desired.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning, is developmentally appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students and maintain an organized and focused learning environment.
- Infuse joy and passion for learning in lessons so that students are excited and interested in their academic excellence.
- Provide necessary accommodations and modifications for the growth and success of all students both in academic and culture expectations.
- Be accountable for students’ mastery of content and academic standards.
- Integrate interactive technology into lessons to enhance instructional delivery.
- Set and communicate rigorous and ambitious goals for all students and provide effective student feedback so they internalize them.
- Provide consistent rewards and/or consequences for student behavior and model expected behavior at all times for students to emulate
- Consistently meet the ambitious goals of a rapidly-growing organization
- Serve as teacher on duty and/or boarding teacher on duty and support school wide programs aimed at behavior interventions.
- Timely capture of students data on academic outcomes and articulation of students progress to NP families and other stakeholders when called upon to do so.
- Serve as a home room teachers when called upon to do so.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- TSC certification and a relevant Degree in Education.
- Strictly 3+years teaching experience.
- You are a great communicator. You are able to provide clear and effective written and verbal communication.
- You are flexible and open to change – you handle uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity well.
- You are a problem solver – you are proactive in identifying issues and address these thoroughly by making an effort to find appropriate solutions.
- You are excited about our organizational culture—and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback.