PROGRAM & POLICY SUPPORT OFFICER
PROGRAM & POLICY SUPPORT OFFICER
Our Client is an African childcare market facilitator with the vision to accelerate the growth of the childcare market across the continent, with Kenya as a pilot. We envision a functioning childcare market that is anchored by a good policy and legal framework and systemic, mutually reinforcing interventions. This market will generate jobs and income opportunities, primarily for young women, while improving the health, development, and well-being of young children .0-8.
Job Summary: Program and Policy Support Officer
Our Client wishes to engage a Program & Policy Support Officer who is enthusiastic about working in an early-stage start-up that is ambitious, and bold. Collaborative and facilitative. Your role will cut across our 3 work streams:
a) workforce development
b) accelerating women-led childcare micro-enterprises and
c) policy and regulatory reform within the early childhood care, education, and development ecosystem.
The Program and Policy Support Officer will manage a team of Research Assistants (RA) to continue enumerating childcare entrepreneurs and also work with the Senior Network Coordinator to design the best strategies to address the 3 key gaps existing in the women-led childcare enterprises. The Officer will also support work on policy and regulatory reform both at the national and county level, being an effective linkage with the local communities and policymakers. The program officer will report to the Senior Network Coordinator.
- Supporting Workforce Development and Accelerating Women-led Childcare Microenterprises work streams (60%)
- Closely work with the Senior Network Coordinator in designing strategies around food and nutrition, women’s economic empowerment, and skilling of the childcare workforce.
- Together with the RA team, mobilize the community (identify, orient, and continuously support)to enumerate childcare entrepreneurs into our client Childcare Network.
- Coordinate meet and greet activities while supporting the process of organizing network members.
- Support data entry, membership card production, and communication to all Network members.
- To develop and share monthly and weekly plans in close consultation with all Research Assistants.
- Support the team with doing and submitting Activity budget requests for approvals.
- Supporting the Senior Network Coordinator with translating learning outcomes from field engagements into strategies.
- Maintaining the program files and tools
- Maintaining weekly timesheets for the RA team
- Coordinating enumerators’ orientation and network members’ meetings
- Collating and submitting monthly reports
- Representing the team in weekly staff meetings and any other event as may be assigned.
- Ensure childcare entrepreneurs, our client’s staff and stakeholders’ dignity is upheld
during each interaction
Supporting Policy and Regulatory Reforms Related to Early Childhood Care, Education, and Development (20%)
- Key Liaison with the respective county governments and our client’s team
- Offer technical support in legislative and policy reforms and development, budget
tracking, and monitoring plans for relevance on ECCED to county governments.
- Ensure continuous stakeholder mapping and build a vibrant engaging ECCED community.
- Support the convening of ECCED stakeholders and facilitate the learning networks in the Counties
- Continuously provide information on emerging trends and current issues in ECCED to inform policy and practice planning
- Prepare and consolidate and submit monthly reports on policy and regulatory work
Supporting Fundraising 20%
- Play a key role in new efforts to secure funding for the programs/work streams
including identification of funding opportunities, development writing of concept notes and proposals
- With Senior Network Coordinator, actively identify and respond to relevant calls for
proposals and concepts.
- Bachelor’s or Graduate Degree in Early Childhood Development, Social Sciences,
Management, Nutrition, or Social work from a reputable institution.
- Experience in strategy development (especially for women empowerment programs)
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in project implementation including analyzing information from grassroots groups for policy influencing
- Experience in working with startup projects
- Experience in report writing
- Experience working with Childcare spaces in informal settlements is an added advantage
- Excellent organization skills and high level of attention to detail
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work within competing timelines
Expression of Interest
Interested candidates should send in their CV to email@example.com by 30th May 2022.
Email subject reading PROGRAM & POLICY SUPPORT OFFICER.