TSC Publishes Names of Deregistered Teachers 2022
A list of 44 deregistered teachers as of October 2022 has been made public by the Teachers Service Commission. These teachers were found guilty of:
- misappropriating cash,
- violating an unbearable code of conduct,
- acting immorally, and being absent frequently.
TSC believed they had violated the rules and code of conduct as a result.
“Pursuant to section 30 of the TSC Act (2012), the Commission wishes to publish names of teachers who have been removed from the Register of Teachers. Further, under the law these
teachers cannot engage in teaching in any learning institution”.
A teacher can be deregistered by The Teachers Service Commission if he/she:
- Obtains registration fraudulently
- Has been convicted of a sexual offence or an offence against a learner
- Has been convicted of a criminal offence which renders the person unfit to be a teacher
- Is found unfit to teach following disciplinary proceedings
- Suffers from physical or mental illness or infirmity which renders the person incapable of performing the duties of a teacher.
List Of Deregistered Teachers -October 2022