HUMAN RESOURCE INTERN
About the role
Human Resource Intern will assist in all operational and administrative HR activities, delivering efficient service and support. The HR intern will report to designated HR & Admin Manager.
- HR Records & Information Management: Ensure quality and integrity of HR filing system by keeping all HR records, information and files clearly labelled, organised and confidential. Maintain staff personal files and ensure that all files have up to date information. Capture and update employee personal information data accurately and timeously in the People System including leave records and other HR related records. Produce HR data and reports as required and within set deadlines.
- Recruitment & Selection: Draft advertisements for authorized recruitment in liaison with HR Manger, ensuring conformity of job advertisements to job specifications and Christian Aid branding guidelines and recruitment practices. Facilitate advertising/circulation of advertisements on various platforms as agreed with Supervisor. Update and report on progress of the recruitment and selection processes through the HR recruitment & selection system and send feedback to applicants. Arrange for and coordinate interviews (date of interviews, calling short-listed applicants) administering tests and/or taking part in the interviews where necessary and ensuring all pre-employment documentation is in place. Ensure records of all recruitment and selection processes of employees and consultants are correctly filed
- General HR Support Services: Draft employment contracts, terms and conditions of employment or terms of reference, job profiles for employees and consultants, and draft requested letters in line with changes to employee terms and conditions of employment. Support line management in the development and implementation of induction and orientation of both new and existing employees, ensuring that all relevant policy documents are made available Contribute towards the country programme weekly progress updates. Follow up on completed performance review documents and development plans with line managers and update performance management records. Respond to general staff queries and advise them on Christian Aid’s HR policies and procedures and local legislative requirements, seeking advice from and referring more complex issues to the Human Resources Manager.
This role requires applicants to have the right to do the work in the country where this internship position is based.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Human Resource Management
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others and to support others.
- Ability to draft standard and clear written communication, such as letters, memorandums and reports.
- Able to work accurately with attention to detail.
- Ability to respond to basic questions relating to the job.
- Good computer skills, including Word, Excel, data bases, spreadsheets.
- Effective use of technology and department procedures to assist in achievement of objectives Spots errors and mistakes in own work.
- An understanding of the work of Christian Aid or a similar organisation Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Ability and willingness to travel if required.